PALM SUNDAY / SUNDAY of the PASSION
LITURGY: Order of Matins (pg 32 in TLH)
Sermon: “In Coming as King on a Donkey” John 12:14-15
- Jesus fulfilled the Scriptures prophesying Him as our coming King and divine Savior.
- Therefore we need not fear.
FIFTH SUNDAY in LENT
LITURGY: Confessional Service with Holy Communion (pg46 TLH)
Sermon: “Not Self-promoting Lords, but Self-giving Servants” Mark 10:42-45
- Jesus rebuked a self-promoting attitude.
- Jesus taught self-giving servanthood.
FOURTH SUNDAY in LENT
LITURGY: Order of Service without Holy Communion (Pg 5 TLH)
Sermon – “Saved by God’s Grace” Ephesians 2:4-5
- We were dead in our trespasses.
- God saved us by His grace in Christ.
- The impact on our lives.
THIRD SUNDAY in LENT
LITURGY: Order of Holy Communion (pg 15 in TLH)
SERMON: “Not the World’s ‘Wisdom,’ but God’s ‘Foolishness’”
1 Corinthians 1:20-21
- God has made foolish the wisdom of the world.
- God was pleased through the “foolishness” of the preaching to save those who believe.